MEC Mining was engaged by ASX listed company operating an open cut mine in Scandinavia to undertake a full review of their deposit and to produce a Life of Mine (LOM). The goal was a plan that was to be both sustainable and achievable whilst maximising economical mining reserves and confidence. MEC produced a plan with the following strengths:
- Developed a solid Life of Mine Plan for the client and with much better understanding of risks in realising this plan.
- Supplied an understanding of the economic feasibility and ultimate pit limits of all pits across their tenement.
- Nameplate Production achieved consistently for the majority of the LOM plan and mine life increased to CY40
- Crusher move postponed significantly deferring US$16M in capital.
- LOM Plan achieved with the existing digger fleet, negating requirements for major CAPEX associated with fleet upgrades.
- The LOM Plan ore supply aligned with mining and mill/processing plant capacities